of the latest works happening in your area.
of the latest works happening in your area.
Access to Abbey St Car Park on Abbey St from 18/01/15
Luas Cross City Traffic Information
If you travel around Dublin city centre, Luas Cross City would like to inform you about a number of changes to traffic movements, bus routes and bus stops. These changes are necessary to facilitate the utilities contract.
Beginning on Sunday 18th January 2015:
- The closure of the left-turn from Dawson Street to Nassau Street fora six month period. Buses will no longer use Suffolk Street. General traffic is unaffected.
- The section of Talbot Street from Lower Gardiner Street to Marlborough Street will be closed to through traffic for approximately six weeks -diversion routes will be in place.
- The section of Lower Abbey Street from O’Connell Street to Marlborough Street will be closed to eastbound traffic for approximately six weeks - diversion routes will be in place. Dublin Bus services 14, 15/a/b, 140 and 142 will be rerouted via Camden Street.
- The following Dublin Bus services will be rerouted via Westland Row in the inbound direction - 7b/d, 11, 25x, 32x, 37, 38a/b, 39/a, 41x, 46a, 66x, 67x, 84x, 116, 118 and 145, with additional buses to mitigate the longer route.
- Some changes to Bus Éireann, Air Coach, Tour Buses, Collins Coaches and other bus services will be required. Please check with your bus operator.
New Traffic Enabling Measures:
The following changes will come into effect in advance of Sunday 18th:
- Additional bus lanes will be introduced on Pearse Street.
- A contra-flow bus lane will be introduced on the section of Camden Street
- Upper between its junctions with Harcourt Road and Charlotte Way.
- Additional bus stops on revised routes.
LCC Closure of Talbot St and Abbey St
Traffic accessing Marlborough Street via Talbot StreetTraffic travelling west on Talbot Street will: 1. Turn right onto Gardiner Street Lower 2. Turn left onto Seán McDermott Street 3. Turn left onto Marlborough Street Traffic travelling north on Gardiner Street Lower will: 1. Continue in the northerly direction and turn left onto Seán McDermott Street 2. Turn left onto Marlborough Street Traffic travelling south on Gardiner Street Lower will: 1. Turn right onto Parnell Street 2. Turn left onto Marlborough Street Traffic travelling west on Summerhill or Seán McDermott Street will: 1. Continue straight onto Parnell Street or Cathal Brugha Street 2. Turn left onto Marlborough Street
Traffic accessing Abbey Street/Eden Quay via O’Connell StreetTraffic travelling south on O’Connell Street will: 1. Turn left onto Cathal Brugha Street 2. Turn right onto Marlborough Street 3. Turn left onto Abbey Street or 4. Continue south on Marlborough Street and turn left onto Eden Quay Traffic that miss the left turn Cathal Brugha Street will: 1. Continue south on O’Connell Street, across O’Connell Bridge and onto D’Olier Street 2. Turn right onto College Street 3. Turn right onto Westmoreland Street 4. Continue straight onto O’Connell Bridge 5. Turn right onto Eden Quay 6. Left onto Marlborough Street and right onto Abbey Street
Goods Vehicles accessing Talbot Street or Abbey StreetArrangement for deliveries onto the Cul de Sac sections of both Talbot Street and Abbey Street will be communicated individually. Dublin Bus Commencing the 18th January 2015, and lasting for 6 weeks, the Stop on Talbot Street will not be in use. During this time Routes 27a, 29a, 31/a, 32, 32x and 130 will be diverted via Gardiner Street Lower, Seán McDermott Street & Marlborough Street. A replacement Stop will be provided on Marlborough Street. email@example.com (01) 873 4222. Phone lines open 08:30 - 18:00 hrs Mon-Sat (Excluding Public Holidays). Facebook/DublinBusNews @dublinbusnews Social media monitored from 08:00 - 18:00 Mon-Fri and out of hours during periods of severe disruption. Bus Eireann Commencing the 18th January 2015, and lasting for 6 weeks, all Bus Eireann Services currently turning left onto Abbey Street Lower from O’Connell Street Southbound will be diverted via Cathal Brugha Street & Marlborough Street. A replacement Stop will be provided on Marlborough Street. www.buseireann.ie Info@buseireann.ie (01) 836 6111 Busáras (Central Bus Station), Store Street, Dublin 1
Find out everything about the new route and the locations it will serve.
Be on the loop and get to know how Luas Cross City work affects your area.
Discover the easiest way to go anywhere using the Journey Planner.
This is one of the largest capital investment projects being undertaken by the Government over the next few years.